Allergen Awareness - £35 (excl VAT)
Allergies occur when the body’s immune system reacts to a usually harmless substance as though it is harmful. Why this happens, isn’t clear. However, most sufferers come from families that have a history of allergies, or related problems. Every year, the number of people with allergies is increasing so having an awareness of potential allergens and why they can be harmful is becoming more important, particularly if you work in the service industry.
This course covers general allergies, food allergies and food intolerances and explain the differences between them. It covers the 14 allergens controlled by legislation along with food additives and how they can trigger allergic reactions. It takes a detailed look at the symptoms of food allergies and takes in the wider picture discussing the current theories of why rates are increasing. It then finishes off by covering practical steps that can be taken to reduce the risk from allergens and also what steps can be taken both internally and externally to monitor the control measures.
Approved by CPD & RoSPA
Duration: 100 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD and ROSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Food Intolerance and Allergens: the Basics - Pass Mark 70%
2. Food Intolerances - Causes and Symptoms - Pass Mark 70%
3. Allergies - Causes and Symptoms - Pass Mark 70%
4. Allergen Facts - Pass Mark - Pass Work 70%
5. Food Allergens and the Law - Pass Mark 70%
6. Food Allergens - Practical Steps - Pass Mark 70%
7. Allergen Information for Consumers - Pass Mark 70%
8. Internal Monitoring and Review - Pass Mark 70%
9. External Monitoring and Review - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.6+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)