Assessing Display Screen Equipment - £35 (exc VAT)
These courses are aimed at users of display screen equipment (DSE) and those responsible for assessing display screen equipment. A ‘user’, is anyone who regularly uses display screen equipment for a significant part of their normal work. In practice, if you use display screen equipment continuously for more than one hour a day, then you’re a ‘user’.
So what do we mean by display screen equipment?
The first thing most people think of is a computer monitor. But that’s not the only thing it refers to Display screen equipment could also mean laptops, tablet PCs, televisions, smartphones, CNC control pads, portable diagnostic screens or equipment containing cathode ray tubes, or CRTs. The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations contain special directives covering DSE safety. Both employers and employee‐users have responsibilities under the legislation. This course fulfils your statutory training obligations and covers among other things, the correct way to set up and use your display screen equipment safely. Reducing the risk of work related conditions.
Approved by IIRSM
Duration 110 minutes: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions.
Our IIRSM approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Introduction - Pass Mark 70%
2. Legislation - Pass Mark 70%
3. Protecting Your Body - Pass Mark 70%
4. Adjusting Your Chair - Pass Mark 70%
5. Adjusting Your Screen - Pass Mark 70%
6. Work Arrangements - Pass Mark 70%
7. Adjusting the Layout of Your Workstation - Pass Mark 70%
8. Adjusting Your Work Environment - Pass Mark 70%
9. Risk Assessment Overview - Pass Mark 70%
10. Principles of Sensible Risk Management - Pass Mark 70%
11. Key Health and Safety Legislation - Pass Mark 70%
12. DSE Hazards and Risks - Pass Mark 70%
13. DSE Assessments - Pass Mark 70%
14. Control and Prevention Strategies - Pass Mark 70%
15. Practical Element - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)