Autism Awareness - £25 (excl VAT)
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people around them. According to the National Autistic Society, autism affects about 700,000 people in the United Kingdom, which equates to 1 in 100 of the population and the number of children being diagnosed with the condition is continuing to increase.
This course will provide you with an understanding of what autism is and how it affects a child's daily life. It will touch on what factors contribute towards a child developing autism as well as some of the typical behaviours associated with it and how to can provide effective support for those with the condition. It also discusses what happens during the diagnosis process, some of the intervention methods that can help manage the condition and suggests some simple adaptations you can make to improve a child with autism's day to day life.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 30 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Definitions, Context & Background - Pass Mark 70%
2. Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder - Pass Mark 70%
3. Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder - Pass Mark 70%
4. Testing and Support - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.6+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)