Basic Legionella Management - £65 (excl VAT)
Current legislation set out by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 along with the HSE’s updated code of practice known as L8 which was published in 2013, states that companies and building owners have a legal duty to manage Legionella. L8 is also accompanied by HSG 274 Parts 1, 2 and 3 which provide further guidance on actions to take for specific types of at risk water systems.
Our interactive video based training course is aimed at all employers and staff to assist them in identifying the danger that Legionella poses, as well as covering ways to identify & assess sources of risk from Legionella in the premises and implement & manage a control programme.
This course explains the background to Legionella, the potential risks associated with water systems and how these can be prevented or controlled. It helps you to understand the risk that Legionella poses and helps you develop the systems and working practices you need to stay ahead. It gives you enough knowledge to get a Legionella control programme off the ground yourself – or make confident, informed choices when commissioning others to take this on for you.
Approved by RoSPA
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our RoSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. What is Legionella? - Pass Mark 70%
2. Risk Areas - Pass Mark 70%
3. Legislation - Pass Mark 70%
4. Risk Management - Pass Mark 70%
5. Water System Monitoring - Pass Mark 70%
6. Cooling System Awareness - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 2Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)