Dementia Awareness - £25 (excl VAT)
Dementia is used to describe the symptoms that occur when the brain is affected by specific diseases and conditions. Dementia is a chronic progressive problem of cognition - which is failure of the brain’s functions. IT affects people at different stages of life, it affects different parts of the brain and it affects it at different speeds.
This course is intended to give you an overview of the common types and symptoms of dementia as well as going into how it can affect the brain in different ways. It also covers strategies to use with clients with dementia and dealing with challenging behaviour. The course is intended for anyone who works with or around people that may be suffering with dementia.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 25 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. What Is Dementia? - Pass Mark 70%
2. The Brain - Pass Mark 70%
3. Types of Dementia - Pass Mark 70%
4. Strategies to Use with Clients with Dementia, and Dealing with Challenging Behaviour - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)