Electrical Safety - £35 (excl VAT)
Electricity is the lifeblood of modern society, it enhances our quality of life and we are becoming increasingly reliant on it to power tools and devices we use for work and entertainment. However, although electricity has many benefits it can also be a hidden killer as it can’t be seen, felt, smelled or heard until someone comes into contact with it.
This course will start by covering the many benefits electricity brings to society, as well as its key components voltage, current and resistance. It will explain the two main types of electricity, cover UK accident and death statistics, and describe a simple way of remembering the electrical hazards. It then goes on to provide basic instructions about how you could safely help someone you suspect has received an electric shock.
Towards the end of the course it includes an overview of the main standards, guidance and legislation that control the use of electricity in the workplace, and finish off by looking at simple maintenance plans and portable appliance testing including who within an organisation would be best to carry out the various checks.
Approved by IIRSM
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our IIRSM approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Overview and Benefits of Electricity - Pass Mark 70%
2. What is Electricity? - Pass Mark 70%
3. How Electricity Can Cause Harm - Pass Mark 70%
4. Legislation, Standards and Key Steps - Pass Mark 70%
5. PAT Testing Standards and Guidance - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.6+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)