Infection Control - £25 (excl VAT)
Infection prevention and control measures aim to ensure the protection of those who might be vulnerable to acquiring an infection…. Ok but why is this important?
Well every year at least 300,000 people develop a Health Care Associated Infection. This has a huge impact on the patient, the staff and the institution it occurs in. Whereas if there is good infection prevention and control, patients will have better health and more independence.
This course will start by defining infection prevention and control and explaining the impact of good and bad infection control. It then goes into detail about, the legislation that applies to infection control, the different types of microorganisms, how bacteria are transmitted, the chain of infection, and much more.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. The course structure - Pass Mark 70%
2. Infection prevention and control, and the impact of infection - Pass Mark 70%
3. The different microorganisms - Pass Mark 70%
4. How bacteria are transmitted - Pass Mark 70%
5. The Chain of Infection - Pass Mark 70%
6. The control and prevention of infection - Pass Mark 70%
7. Cleaning & Decontamination - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)