Passport to Employment are helping employers across South Wales to access the governments Kickstart Scheme. The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
The Kickstart Scheme
The Kickstart Scheme has been launched by the Government to provide funding for employers to create new 6-month job placements for young adults who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. This £2 billion fund aims to create hundreds of thousands of job placements for young adults in England, Scotland and Wales.
Funding will cover for each job placement:
100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
the associated employer National Insurance contributions
employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs. They must not:
replace existing or planned vacancies
cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
There is additional funding available of £1,000 to help with set up costs, support and training.
Why choose Passport to Employment as your Gateway Representative?
1. We already have an approved grant so can simply add your vacancies to our agreement, which is a much faster process.
2. We've hundreds of applications approved on behalf of employers across South Wales already – so we know what it takes to submit a successful application.
3. We do all the pre-checks and work with you to ensure your placements will be accepted.
4. Monthly support for both the employer and the young person you hire.
5. Once your job is posted we work closely with the local Job Centre to ensure the most suitable candidates are referred to your vacancies.
6. Most importantly, we have put together a training and support package for the young people you take on. This package has been approved by DWP and covers all the mandatory elements of the grant.
Don’t just take our word for it………..
“Passport to Employment have assisted us with the recruitment of a number of Kickstart Scheme employees. The scheme itself has been a huge help to us to find new staff and we are intending on keeping the majority on as full time employees once their 6 month placement ends with us. Without this scheme I doubt we’d have been able to increase our business the way we have in 2021 so far”
Aled Davies – Cobra Workwear
“Passport to Employment have been amazing. As great as the Kickstart Scheme is, it's been a challenge for me to find a suitable approved gateway to work with my business. The support I've received from P2E has been amazing. They've been really transparent and informative throughout the whole process. They've even gone to the extent of adapting the training provided to suit my kickstart employee the best. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the team!”
James Owen – Divine Creations