Learning Disability Awareness- £25 (excl VAT)
Learning disabilities, however they are acquired, are lifelong. They are neurological disabilities and as such affect how an individual understands and remembers information, how they learn and communicate. People can be born with learning disabilities or they may acquire them later in life.
There are many differing types of learning difficulty and they can exhibit in many different ways and with many different characteristics.
This course will start by giving you an overview of some of the common types and causes of learning disabilities and how they affect people. It will touch on how a person centred approach to care will get the best results and look at how management must perform, and at the needs of the individual. It will also discuss overcoming the stigma attached to learning disabilities and much more.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 50 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Introduction - Pass Mark 70%
2. Learning Disabilities: the Basics - Pass Mark 70%
3. New Understanding - Pass Mark 70%
4. Person-centred Approach - Pass Mark 70%
5. Meeting Needs - Part 1 - Pass Mark 70%
6.Meeting Needs - Part 2 - Pass Mark 70%
7. Meeting Needs - Part 3 - Pass Mark 70%
8. Legal Framework, Opportunities and Safeguarding - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)