Lockdown Procedure in Schools - £25 (excl VAT)
In the last decade the threats to our society have multiplied and evolved in many ways. Terrorist organisations have transferred their fight from Iraq and Afghanistan to our back garden, Europe – and we have seen the damage that a small number of determined individuals can do.
This course will start by introducing the role of the lockdown officer then discuss some of the likely reasons for a lockdown, go over some of the steps you can take to prepare your school for lockdown as well as what to do in the event of a lockdown taking place.
The course is aimed at teachers, school administrators and support staff . It gives them an overview of what to expect and how to act in a lockdown situation and is intended to inform and prepare staff rather than alarm them.
Being prepared and knowing how to handle an emergency situation can be invaluable as it means that proactive positive action can be taken to protect yourself and others in your care. Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Other courses that complement this one include Prevent Duty, Positive Handling in Schools and Safeguarding Children.
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
1. Introduction and the Lockdown Officer - Pass Mark 70%
2. Reasons for Lockdowns - Pass Mark 70%
3. The Lockdown Signal and the all Clear Signal - Pass Mark 70%
4. Suitable Rooms for Lockdown - Pass Mark 70%
5. Communication Arrangements - Pass Mark 70%
6. Possible Terminology - Pass Mark 70%
7. Violent Intruder Lockdown - Pass Mark 70%
8. Possible Threat or Danger - Pass Mark 70%
9. Staff Lockdown Responsibilities - Pass Mark 70%
10. Home Office Police Requirements - Pass Mark 70%
11. Simple Measures and Where to Seek Help - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)