Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards - £25 (excl VAT)
This course describes in detail the many facets and procedures of the Mental Capacity Act. This includes who the act affects, when it applies, how to assess capacity and the procedures that can be put in place in the home or workplace to ensure best practices are followed and people are treated fairly at all times.
It also introduces the deprivation of liberty safeguards. These safeguards provide a framework for approving the deprivation of liberty for people who lack the capacity to consent to treatment or care in either a hospital or care home setting.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Introduction - Pass Mark 70%
2. What is the Mental Capacity Act? - Pass Mark 70%
3. Assessing Capacity - Pass Mark 70%
4. The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)