Noise Awareness - £35 (excl VAT)
Noise at work can cause hearing damage that is permanent and disabling. This damage is preventable if the right steps are taken but once your hearing has gone it will not come back. It can also interfere with communications by stopping people from being able to understand or follow conversations and it can make verbal warnings or alarms harder to hear. These issues can lead to further safety risks that put people at risk of injury or even death.
This course will show you how dangerous noise can be in the workplace, and the main safety issues you should be aware of. It will take you through some of the simple science, the main laws that apply and introduce you to noise level limits. It also covers some of the specific health risks and how to avoid them by producing risk assessments, action plans and through the provision of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. It concludes by examining how to provide information and instruction to employees, along with the most professional way to conduct health surveillance of the workforce.
Approved by IIRSM
Duration: 55 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our IIRSM approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Noise in the Workplace - Pass Mark 70%
2. Legislation - Pass Mark 70%
3. Health Risks - Pass Mark 70%
4. Action Plans - Pass Mark 70%
5. Prioritising Controls - Pass Mark 70%
6. Personal Protective Equipment - Pass Mark 70%
7. Information and Health Surveillance - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.6+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)