Abrasive Wheels Training - £35 (excl VAT)
This course is aimed at anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work.
There are a wide range of tools and processes that use abrasive wheels and ensuring these are used correctly and safely is of paramount importance. Applications range from hand grinding to disc cutting. They can be used at all stages of a work process, for making preliminary cuts and scores in materials, or for fine polishing and finishing.
Different wheels will have different properties and characteristics suitable for particular tasks. They also have different weaknesses and can pose different risks and hazards in handling and use. For this reason, it’s important that you always select the right abrasive wheel for the job and use it with the right machinery.
This course covers the anatomy of an abrasive wheel, the dangers associated with their use, Storage and handling and much more.
Approved by IIRSM & CPD
Duration 100 minutes: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions.
Our IIRSM and CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Introducing Abrasive Wheels - Pass Mark 70%
2. The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel - Pass Mark 70%
3. The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels - Pass Mark 70%
4. Abrasive Wheel Safety - Pass Mark 70%
5. Safe Speeds - Pass Mark 70%
6. Other Wheel Markings - Pass Mark 70%
7. Storage and Handling - Pass Mark 70%
8. Checking and Testing - Pass Mark 70%
9. Training and Certification - Pass Mark 70%
10. Inspections - Pass Mark 70%
11. Course Summary - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)