Asbestos Awareness For Architects & Designers - £35 (excl VAT)
Asbestos is probably the most dangerous building material ever used. Every year thousands of people fall ill and die because of exposure to asbestos and it was widely used by the construction industry right up until the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 apply to employers, employees, self employed persons and duty holders and cover all work with asbestos containing materials. Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
This course covers the same subjects as our Asbestos Awareness course with an additional module aimed specifically at architects and designers working with buildings that may contain asbestos. It provides information about the legislation governing asbestos in work and outlines the responsibilities of architects and designers. The course consists of 5 modules with questions at the end. You are given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will be given 3 attempts at each module to achieve a pass rate of 100%.
Approved by RoSPA & IATP
Duration 75 minutes: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions.
1. Properties & Risks Of Asbestos Exposure - Pass Mark 100%
2. Different Types Of Asbestos - Pass Mark 100%
3. Avoiding The Risks From Asbestos - Pass Mark 100%
4. An Outline Of Asbestos Legislation - Pass Mark 100%
5. Content For Architects & Designers - Pass Mark 100%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)