Working at Height - £35 (excl VAT)
This course is aimed at anyone who undertakes work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height.
The term work at height applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages to working alongside deep trenches. This is because the crucial thing to understand about work at height is that it’s not how far you climb, but how far you can fall. ‘Falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height.
This course covers topics including the dangers of working at height, the regulations, the hierarchy of controls, assessing risk and much more. It’s vital to understand all this because as I’m sure you’ll know, working at height can be extremely dangerous.
Approved by RoSPA
Duration 105 minutes: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions.
Our ROSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Introducing Work at Height - Pass Mark 70%
2. The Dangers of Work at Height - Pass Mark 70%
3. The Work at Height Regulations - Pass Mark 70%
4. Summary of Duty Holder's Responsibilities - Pass Mark 70%
5. Employer's Responsibilities - Pass Mark 70%
6. The Hierarchy of Control - Pass Mark 70%
7. Avoiding Work at Height Wherever Possible - Pass Mark 70%
8. Prevent Risk of Falls - Pass Mark 70%
9. Minimise Consequences - Pass Mark 70%
10. The Risk Assessment - Pass Mark 70%
11. Course Summary - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)