Paediatric First Aid - £35 (excl VAT)
First aid covers a multitude of skill sets and responses to many medical situations. Its primary aim, is to provide immediate medical care and treatment that will either resolve the situation (in less serious 'everyday' cases) or provide an essential short-term emergency stop-gap until professional medical assistance is in place.
The aim of this course is to equip you with the theoretical knowledge, skills and confidence you need to deal with paediatric first aid situations. It covers all of the key topics including: emergency planning, assessing a situation, basic Life Support, CPR, shock, fractures, bleeding and a range of other minor illness and injuries.
Please be aware that having a theoretical knowledge on its own is not enough to be considered competent in paediatric first aid and practical demonstration in some areas is required to complete this training. Please contact us to arrange this.
Paediatric first aid is a skill that would be useful for anyone that works with children and infants. This includes those working in nursery, school and pre-school environments, as well as professional childminders, club leaders and sports coaches.
Although it can sometimes be difficult in what are often emotionally-charged circumstances, First Aiders need to remain as calm and objective as possible, especially when there is a medical emergency. Having the training and knowledge to deal with the situation effectively The online format allows you to progress through the modules at your own speed, and at times when it's convenient for you to absorb the information.
Duration: 115 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
1. Introduction to Paediatric First Aid- Pass Mark 70%
2. Planning and Preparation - Pass Mark 70%
3. Essential First Aid Knowledge and Skills - Pass Mark 70%
4. Basic Life Support - Pass Mark 70%
5. Fractures and Head Injuries - Pass Mark 70%
6. Shock, Bleeding and Dressing Wounds - Pass Mark 70%
7. Specific Medical Conditions - Pass Mark 70%
8. Minor Injuries - Pass Mark 70%
9. First Aid Documentation and First Aid Kits - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)