Person-Centred Care - £25 (excl VAT)
What do we mean by Person Centred Care, well the term originated in the 1940s and proposed taking a holistic view of service users in care settings. This means getting to know the person and then tailoring their care as much as possible to meet their specific needs. Person centred care is now a key principle outlined in current legislation and it plays an important part in the standards that they set out which must be followed by all care professionals working in this country.
This course will give you an understanding of person centred approaches for care and support, and how to implement a person-centred approach in an adult social care setting.
It starts by explaining what we mean by person centred care and where this term originated. It then goes on to analyse the values represented by person centred care and explains why care should be as much as possible tailored to each service user. Finally it will give you an overview of care plans, daily reports, the importance of obtaining consent and much more.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Course Overview - Pass Mark 70%
2. Definitions and Values - Pass Mark 70%
3. Care Plans and Consent - Pass Mark 70%
4. Daily Reports - Pass Mark 70%
5. Example Care Plans - Pass Mark 70%
6. Case Study - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)