Safeguarding Children - £35 (excl VAT)
These courses have been created because, first and foremost, each and every one of us has basic human rights. Chief among these is the right to be healthy, happy and treated well, regardless of race, age, gender or location. When these rights are abused in some way it’s wrong, and it is therefore vital that guidelines, policies and procedures are followed to enable everyone, without exception to live a life in which these basic values and rights are maintained and upheld.
Everyone, regardless of their age, gender, religion, ethnicity or background has the right to a healthy, happy life. Safeguarding is about minimising and managing the risks to vulnerable individuals.
This course, ‘Safeguarding Children’, is aimed at anyone who has a duty of care for, or comes into contact with children in their chosen profession.
Although most children are brought up in loving, nurturing environments and grow up to lead happy lives, the subject has to be discussed in order to better protect those children that need it most.
During this course you will hear many facts, figures and details surrounding the risk to children, the types of abuse suffered, how to recognise the signs of abuse and key safeguarding legislations put in place to minimise the abuse of children.
Once you are able to recognise the signs of possible abuse, and know the steps you should take if you suspect it you will be better able to protect the children in your care.
Approved by CPD
Duration 75 minutes: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions.
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
1. Introduction to Safeguarding Children - Pass Mark 70%
2. Types of Abuse, who may carry it out and why children may not tell - Pass Mark 70%
3. How to Recognise the Signs of Abuse - Pass Mark 70%
4. What to do if you suspect a child is being abused - Pass Mark 70%
5. Safeguarding Legislation - Pass Mark 70%
Interested in buying more than one course? Email us for discounted rates on our courses!
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (Latest Version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)